You are here: Home / Contact Us / Vacancies
The Tribunal seeks suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following position:-
The National Consumer Tribunal (The Tribunal) was established in 2006 in terms of section 26(1) of the National Credit Act, No. 34 od 2005. The National Consumer Tribunal is an independent adjudicative body with jurisdiction throughout the Republic. Its purpose is to adjudicate on credit and consumer related matters provided for in the National Credit Act (NCA) and the Consumer Protection Act (CPA), and to rule on alleged contraventions of these Acts.
Applications Support Specialist (NCT17/AS002)
Position Reports to: Chief Information Officer
The Application Support Specialist is an IT professional who provides technical and functional support to all users within a company or organization and is responsible for ensuring that various software applications run smoothly. Application support specialists primarily assist employees with software applications used within different departments of the organization. The incumbent will develop, support and troubleshoot IT systems and applications, perform tests, install upgrades, and perform regular system maintenance for the organisation.
· Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in computer science, information technology or related discipline
· 5 years working experience in similar position
· Certifications such as:
- Microsoft certified Professional (MCP),
- Information Technology Infrastructure (ITIL)
- COBIT (Control objectives for IT) or
- SDLC (Software Development life cycle) would be advantageous.
· Application design and development using the Microsoft platform, CSharp,and ASP.net.
· Database design and development using Microsoft, SQL and SQL report writer.
· Good (verbal and written) communication skills
· Excellent computer and general administration skills
· Good time management skills
· Solid infrastructure, database and application development knowledge in a Microsoft environment.
· Good knowledge of backup strategies and tools
· Knowledge of logistics and tracking applications
· Honesty and a sense of accountability in the carrying out of tasks
· A high level of flexibility and sound work ethics
· Ability to multi-task
· Analytical thinker
· Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to work independently and fast paced environment
The successful applicant will be required to:
· Implement all monitoring required for assigned applications or set of applications
· Develop relationships with technical staff to aid with swift resolutions of client incidents and requests
· Identify issues at an infrastructure level and troubleshoot incidents
· Deals with system incidents and work on solutions to address any issues related to systems and applications
· Identify problems and develop solutions and enhancements to ensure that the business applications software used within the Tribunal is functional and that it works at optimal efficiency
· Provide IT support for enterprise applications and other software used within the Tribunal
· Respond to customer calls or to calls for assistance from other employees and troubleshoot any problems related to applications
· Performing maintenance, testing upgrades, and providing technical support to users
· Proactively administer backup and recovery operations
· Contribute to the submission of EXCO and MANCO reports by CIO as and when requested
· Assist with IT vendor relationship management in conjunction with the CIO
· Reduce business disruptions caused by various applications by finding ways to reduce the number of calls for assistance such as providing training or writing operating manuals
· Write policies and procedures for applications and systems used across the organizations, and are responsible for updating any relevant parameters on a regular basis
· Provide training to new employees or to existing ones when a new application is installed, research and build new software and technologies to identify opportunities to improve the organization's IT systems and make sure that it has the software that will best meet its needs and requirements
· Implement business plan outputs, risk actions and audit findings and ensure that audit findings are addressed accordingly;
· Preparing monthly and quarterly reports relating to the business unit with supporting performance information and provide recommendations to the CIO;
· Develop and present ICT related workshops and events for the Tribunal;
· Initiate and manage procurement processes for ICT;
· Ensure compliance with all the policies and procedures of the NCT;
· Complete the compliance checklist and provide recommendations to the CIO.
· No late applications will be considered.
· The Tribunal reserves the right not to fill any of the positions.
Submission of Applicants
· Please email a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to email@example.com. Or for more information contact the HR & Facilities Manager, Ms M Nel at (012) 742-9900.
Closing Date: 25 May 2017 (16h00)
Human Resources Intern (Ref: NCT17/HRI001)
Position Reports to: Senior HR Specialist
Status: 1 year Internship Programme
National Diploma in HRM or related qualification, EE position, only people with disability may apply, no Job experience required, commitment and dedication.
Key Responsibilities: Receive applications for vacant positions and populate long list within the required timeframes; monitor recruitment inbox; assist with drafting purchase requisitions; prepare induction files; administration of leave; monthly HR audit, filling; assist with Ad Hoc HR projects; ESS/performance module updates.
No late applications will be considered.
The Tribunal reserves the right not to fill any of the positions.
The Tribunal will offer a competitive and market related salary to the successful candidate.
Please email a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30 May 2017