You are here: Home / Contact Us / Vacancies
The Tribunal seeks suitably qualified candidates to fill in the following position:-
The National Consumer Tribunal (The Tribunal) was established in 2006 in terms of section 26(1) of the National Credit Act, No. 34 od 2005. The National Consumer Tribunal is an independent adjudicative body with jurisdiction throughout the Republic. Its purpose is to adjudicate on credit and consumer related matters provided for in the National Credit Act (NCA) and the Consumer Protection Act (CPA), and to rule on alleged contraventions of these Acts.
CALL FOR AN ICT GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE MEMBER FOR
THE NATIONAL CONSUMER TRIBUNAL
(3 Year term with the option to review)
The National Consumer Tribunal (The Tribunal) was established in 2006 in terms of section 26(1) of the National Credit Act, No. 34 of 2005. The National Consumer Tribunal is an independent adjudicative body with jurisdiction throughout the Republic. Its purpose is to adjudicate on credit and consumer related matters provided for in the National Credit Act (NCA) and the Consumer Protection Act (CPA), and to rule on alleged contraventions of these Acts.
The Tribunal calls on all qualified and interested persons to serve as a member of the ICT Governance Committee for the National Consumer Tribunal.
The member must have –
· A relevant/appropriate qualification in ICT with extensive knowledge and experience in this field;
· 5 – 10 years’ experience in the field of ICT at a senior management level or executive level;
· Experience of serving on ICT committees preferred;
· Extensive experience in ICT governance and best practices;
· Good understanding of corporate governance and up to date knowledge of King Codes of Corporate Governance;
· Knowledge of the COBIT and ITIL ICT governance frameworks.
· Experience in managing risks associated with Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Assets and Information Systems in order to reduce ICT security incidents;
· Good working knowledge of POPI;
Candidates may apply personally or be nominated by another. Nominated candidates need to indicate their acceptance of the nomination to serve on the ICT Governance Committee. Preference will be given to candidates who are currently working and residing in Gauteng.
The ICT Governance Committee is an oversight function and works in an advisory capacity to the Accounting Authority. The ICT Governance Committee is therefore guided in its work by an approved charter. The following key responsibilities can be expected:
· Recommend ICT Strategy and Plan;
· Make recommendations on any difficulties experienced on ICT Projects;
· Review any ICT items/documents requiring approval by the Accounting Authority;
· Make recommendations to Accounting Authority on ICT matters;
· Ensure that the ICT unit is aligned with the performance and sustainability objectives of the Tribunal;
· Monitor and Evaluate significant ICT expenditure;
· Ensure that the Tribunal’s information assets are managed properly.
Remuneration will be according to the hourly tariffs that are published annually by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) in conjunction with the Auditor-General of South Africa and referred to as the AG rates.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICANTS:
Please email a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to email@example.com. or for more information contact the HR & Facilities Manager, Ms M Nel at (012) 742-9900. No late applications will be considered.
CLOSING DATE: 17 MARCH 2017
CALL FOR AN AUDIT AND RISK GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE MEMBER FOR
The Tribunal calls on all qualified and interested persons to serve as a member of the Audit and Risk Governance Committee for the National Consumer Tribunal.
· A relevant/appropriate qualification in Audit and Risk with extensive knowledge and experience in this field;
· 5 – 10 years’ experience in the areas of Audit and Risk at a senior management level or executive level;
· Affiliated with the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) or the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA);
· Experience of serving on audit committees;
· Extensive experience in Audit and Risk governance and best practices;
· Good working knowledge of Risk, Internal Controls and Combined Risk Assurance;
· Good understanding of Integrated Reporting; and
· Good working knowledge of IFRS
Candidates may apply personally or be nominated by another. Nominated candidates need to indicate their acceptance of the nomination to serve on the Audit and Risk Governance Committee.
The Audit and Risk Committee provides independent oversight over governance, risk management and control processes at the NCT, which include oversight and responsibilities relating to:
· Internal Audit;
· External Audit;
· Accounting and reporting;
· Accounting policies;
· Review of the AGSA’s Management and Audit Reports;
· Review of In-year Monitoring Reports;
· Risk Management;
· Internal control;
· Pre-determined objectives;
· Ethics and forensic investigations;
· Finance, Compliance and ICT;
· Fraud reporting.
Please email a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information contact the HR & Facilities Manager, Ms M Nel at (012) 742-9900. No late applications will be considered.
CALL FOR AN HR GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE MEMBER FOR
The Tribunal calls on all qualified and interested persons to serve as a member of the HR Governance Committee for the National Consumer Tribunal.
· A relevant/appropriate qualification in Human Resources and extensive HR knowledge and experience;
· 5 – 10 years diversified experience in the multiple discipline areas of HR at a senior management level or executive level;
· Extensive experience in HR governance and best practices;
· Extensive experience in HR service support and service delivery as well as business process knowledge and reporting;
Candidates may apply personally or be nominated by another. Nominated candidates need to indicate their acceptance of the nomination to serve on the HR Governance Committee.
Provide strategic advice and inputs into the following areas:
· HR Best practices in the industry and relevant legislation pertaining to the multiple HR disciplines;
· The development and design of HR systems and processes;
· Restructuring, remuneration, labour matters, Employment Equity, training, performance management, etc.;
· The technical requirements and evaluation of tenders and proposals as required by the PFMA and the Treasury regulations relating to HR;
· Document any proposals submitted to the committee;
· Any other matter that may be required.
Applications Support Specialist (NCT17/AS001)
Position Reports to: Chief Information Officer
The Application Support Specialist is an IT professional who provides technical and functional support to all users within a company or organization and is responsible for ensuring that various software applications run smoothly. Application support specialists primarily assist employees with software applications used within different departments of the organization. The incumbent will develop, support and troubleshoot IT systems and applications, perform tests, install upgrades, and perform regular system maintenance for the organisation.
· Bachelor’s degree or Higher Diploma in computer science, information technology or related discipline
· 5 years working experience in similar position
· Certifications such as:
- Microsoft certified Professional (MCP),
- Information Technology Infrastructure (ITIL)
- COBIT (Control objectives for IT) or
- SDLC (Software Development life cycle) would be advantageous.
· Application design and development using the Microsoft platform, CSharp,and ASP.net.
· Database design and development using Microsoft, SQL and SQL report writer.
· Good (verbal and written) communication skills
· Excellent computer and general administration skills
· Good time management skills
· Solid infrastructure, database and application development knowledge in a Microsoft environment.
· Good knowledge of backup strategies and tools
· Knowledge of logistics and tracking applications
· Honesty and a sense of accountability in the carrying out of tasks
· A high level of flexibility and sound work ethics
· Ability to multi-task
· Analytical thinker
· Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to work independently and fast paced environment
The successful applicant will be required to:
· Implement all monitoring required for assigned applications or set of applications
· Develop relationships with technical staff to aid with swift resolutions of client incidents and requests
· Identify issues at an infrastructure level and troubleshoot incidents
· Deals with system incidents and work on solutions to address any issues related to systems and applications
· Identify problems and develop solutions and enhancements to ensure that the business applications software used within the Tribunal is functional and that it works at optimal efficiency
· Provide IT support for enterprise applications and other software used within the Tribunal
· Respond to customer calls or to calls for assistance from other employees and troubleshoot any problems related to applications
· Performing maintenance, testing upgrades, and providing technical support to users
· Proactively administer backup and recovery operations
· Contribute to the submission of EXCO and MANCO reports by CIO as and when requested
· Assist with IT vendor relationship management in conjunction with the CIO
· Reduce business disruptions caused by various applications by finding ways to reduce the number of calls for assistance such as providing training or writing operating manuals
· Write policies and procedures for applications and systems used across the organizations, and are responsible for updating any relevant parameters on a regular basis
· Provide training to new employees or to existing ones when a new application is installed, research and build new software and technologies to identify opportunities to improve the organization's IT systems and make sure that it has the software that will best meet its needs and requirements
· Implement business plan outputs, risk actions and audit findings and ensure that audit findings are addressed accordingly;
· Preparing monthly and quarterly reports relating to the business unit with supporting performance information and provide recommendations to the CIO;
· Develop and present ICT related workshops and events for the Tribunal;
· Initiate and manage procurement processes for ICT;
· Ensure compliance with all the policies and procedures of the NCT;
· Complete the compliance checklist and provide recommendations to the CIO.
· No late applications will be considered.
· The Tribunal reserves the right not to fill any of the positions.
Submission of Applicants
· Please email a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to email@example.com. Or for more information contact the HR & Facilities Manager, Ms M Nel at (012) 742-9900.
Closing Date: 15 March 2017 (16h00)
Junior Finance Officer (NCT17/JFO001)
Position Reports to: Assistant Accountant
The role of a Junior Financial Officer is to assist and maintain financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services in order to meet legislative requirements and to ensure legal compliance and affective governance.
· Assist with the processing of purchase requisitions for approval to ensure compliance with the Supply Chain Management Policy, Finance Standing Operating Procedures, rules, regulations, legislative objectives and other related frameworks;
· Assist with the generating of purchase orders in Pastel in line with the SCM policy, supported by approved purchase requisitions;
· Assist with the receiving, verifying, matching and capturing supplier invoices onto Pastel in line with authorised procurement;
· Assist with the monthly processing of VIP Payroll in line with the NCT’s Recruitment-, Remuneration-, Acting and Travel Policy and capturing of EFT payments to staff;
· Assist with the receiving and calculating claims sent by Tribunal Members and Governance Committee members;
· Assist with the preparation of internal remittance advises and the capturing of EFT or cheque payments to suppliers, Tribunal members and Governance Committee members;
· Assist with the processing of the cash book onto Pastel
· Assist with the performing of the weekly bank and monthly CPD reconciliation;
· Assist the Custodian of the petty cash with the processing of the petty cash journal;
· Assist with the capturing of the EMP 201 on e-filing and submit payment to SARS;
· Maintaining and updating of Supply Chain documents (SBD 4, SBD 9 and CSD report;
· Maintain properly referenced payment files with supporting documentations
· Assist the secretariat of the different bid committees where tenders are issued.
· Ensure that no instances occurs where actions were taken in contravention with statutes, regulation, standards guidelines, Finance Policies and the Finance Standard Operating Procedures or where internal controls were breached and irregular, fruitless and wasteful expenditure were incurred.
· Provide an administrative service to staff and follow-up with stakeholders on behalf of the CFO;
· Manage the diary of the CFO if needed;
· Arrange meetings with internal and external stakeholders as required;
· Preparing and distributing the agenda and meeting packs, if required;
· Attend to faxing, e-mailing, copying and dispatching of correspondence and documents;
· Ensure proper recording of documents in the appropriate registers;
· Maintain effective filing system for the office of the CFO, ensuring that documents are filed in line with the Records Management Policy and Filing Plan;
· General Word processing including type of correspondence, letters, presentations, memos, spreadsheets, etc.;
· Minute taking when required, distribute minutes, record and timeously track and follow-up on matters;
· Compile reports for the CFO as required;
· Collate and update performance information for the Unit and submit to the CFO as required;
· Perform any other general admin duties for the Unit.
Closing Date: 20 March 2017 (16h00)
Senior Human Resource Specialist (NCT17 SHRS001)
Position Reports to: Corporate Services Executive
The HR Specialist is responsible for providing employment related advice and support to the Tribunal’s managers and employees. This support includes facilitating wellness, recruitment, performance monitoring and management, training and development. It is the HR Specialist’s aim to cooperate with management in translating the Business Plan objectives of the Tribunal into achievable goals through adequate resourcing and harnessing its human resources to effectively meet the Tribunal’s mandate in a sustainable manner.
· Obtain training requests from Units and source service providers for the approval of the COO
· Propose training initiatives based on information received during performance discussions
· Attend Performance Discussions as and when requested
· Manage Performance Improvement Plan process
· Building a capable human capital team in the form of skilled people in all areas and with effective, sound people processes in place;
· Driving, inspiring and directing the human resources team;
· Cost effective utilisation of the strategic human resources budget.
· Manage performance of subordinates in accordance with agreed key results areas/outputs
· Assist in the coordination of events and activities of the Tribunal as and when required;
· Ensure compliance with the SCM policy;
· Execute any other assignments as may be reasonably required from time to time.
· Please email a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 22 March 2017 (16h00)